Thursday, June 9, 2011

Go Big Blue!

I am just thrilled that warm weather is finally upon us...although it's been a little more than "warm" these past few days.  I braved the scorching temps yesterday and went outside to pick a few of my favorite flowers that are in bloom right now - hydrangeas and gardenias.  
As I was putting this little arrangement together it reminded me that I really should get going with adding a little POP of china blue throughout my home.  I already have a couple of accents here and there so I don't think it is going to be a total shocker!  




Can you tell I love birds?  My husband says that the birds in this piece of art remind him of the old Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds!  They do look a little possessed don't they? 


Anyway, I first plan on adding a couple of simple shades in my kitchen windows.  Right now I have bamboo blinds which are okay, but I think it is starting to look a little monochromatic in there. See what I mean...


Brown countertops, brown and white floors, cream cabinets, and brown window treatments...it's getting a little blah!

I have started the hunt for the perfect fabric and was overwhelmed by the fabulous options out there! Check out some of my favs... 
Bright blue with taupe ikat and 
small touches of cream
Waverly Sun N Shade Parterre Indigo
Blue geometric

Waverly Sun N Shade Tucker Resist Chambray
Pretty floral toile



Rustic toile in soft blue and cream...
I know, it's not what I said I was going to do, but isn't it cool!?

Fun rustic print in bright blue


Well...I'm going to have to sleep on this one! I may narrow down to two, then purchase the little $2 swatches so that I can "live" with the choices for a bit before making the commitment. Decisions, decisions! 

Now think about your house...is there a small accent color in your pillows, lamps, or fabrics that you can encourage? By encouraging or even introducing one new color, you can add an instant update to your home and keep things from looking a little too matched. Let me know your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. aarynn....i LOVE LOVE LOVE that rustic toile....LOVE it! you have the BEST taste!!!

    ReplyDelete