Friday, June 17, 2011

Frugal Friday...Two Treasures

TGIF! And, and big congratulations to all my former colleagues who are out of school for the summer! Yahoo! Let the fun begin! 

Well, I am super excited about two great digs I collected this week. 


The first is this old chest of drawers with great legs and curves! I found her on Craigslist for $50, but negotiated the owner down to $40...I know, I know, I am practically stealing it at this price, but I'm a frugal gal!


Here is a sneak peek...


Ohhhh!
Ahhhh!

Ugghhh!!
This backing will need to be replaced.  Now you can see why I negotiated!
I am thinking about painting this beauty a Benjamin Moore paint color called Gossamer Blue then antiquing with the Minwax dark walnut stain I have been loving lately...
The other find that I am still giddy about is my 50 cent fabric remnant in a gorgeous equestrian print! I have two chairs that  I found on the trash last week...don't joke...that I am going to reupholster in  this fabric.  More to come on those!
Whew! I have been busy, busy! I am almost done with the Trumeau mirror that I found last week, and it is looking really pretty...and really French! Lots of great stuff to share with you next week!  Check back in soon! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment