Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bathroom Revamp - Part 2

Okay, I'm clearly on a mission! For those of you just tuning in, I am working on a budget friendly spruce to my upstairs bathroom.  Here is my 'To Do' list:

1. Remove the old shower curtain rod and hang much higher.  This will give the illusion of higher ceilings. Also, replace the standard size shower curtain with an extra-long, 96" white one. 
2.  Add a window treatment to the empty window. 
3.  Remove the unframed mirror above the sink and replace with a framed mirror, then hang the mirror higher.  Replace molding strip where the mirror used to "sit".
4.  I love the wainscoting and the glass knobs (instant cottage character), but I need to add a new rug and accessories to make the space look finished. 
5.  Organize the drawers and cabinets so that I can easily access toiletries, make-up, medicines, etc.


I crossed #1 off my "primp plan" list! Done!
  
Remember it before...


Shower - BEFORE
I found shower curtain rings with glass knobs to coordinate with the glass knobs on the drawer pulls.  I got these from Tarjay (i.e. Target)...love the Simply Shabby Chic line they have (MW likes it too)! Thank you Rachel Ashwell! 




The extra-long (96") shower curtain and liner I purchased from Amazon.  Although I am not in love with the quality (a little thin for my taste), it was really inexpensive and shipped for free.  I believe it was around $35 for both pieces.  I'm just going to have to settle for good enough.  I did take the time to iron the curtain.  DO IT, PEOPLE! hahaha! I know it is a pain, but a nice, crisp piece of fabric vs. a wrinkled mess makes a BIG difference. 

Ex-Cell Home Fashions By Appointment  Waffle Weave Cotton Shower Curtain




I hung the tension rod as high as I could go, then added the curtain, liner, and pretty new rings! 

Shower - AFTER



I know, it is still one plain bathroom, but I still have four more projects to go. Be patient with me! :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment