Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Gradual Ease Into Fall

Have you noticed the slight dip in temperature over the last week? It has been a subtle reminder that summer is drawing to an end, and fall is right around the corner...sniff, sniff.  Along with the temperature drop I noticed that many stores have geared up for the fall.  I was in Target today and found myself wandering up and down the "Back To School" aisle.  I love the smell of new crayons, notebook paper, and erasers...it's the teacher in me.  I will always find enjoyment in school supplies! Also in Target I found a couple of pretty items that I thought I would share with you.  


I always find the month of September a little tricky when it comes to seasonal decorating.  It certainly doesn't feel like fall in these parts, but you feel like it's time to take down the hydrangea wreath and swap out the brightly colored throw pillows for more neutral options.  That's why I really fell for this wreath.  I love the color combination of cream, brown, and pale green.  A perfect transition from summer to fall.




I added a brown ribbon and hung it on the front door...okay, correction, my mother-in-law added the brown ribbon.  She can make a professional looking bow in about 3 seconds flat!






I was also giddy with excitement to find a farmhouse collection end-cap in Target's kitchen section.  They had a lot of pretty cranberry colored stoneware and a couple grain sack fabric dishtowels...yep, had to have one! Grain sack fabric is my thing....weird?  Maybe...but I just love industrial fabrics! Maybe I can convince you with these examples:


Love the grainsack chair faux grain sack pillow Sack Cloth LOVE this grain sack chair


Anyway, here is my little dishtowel...






I swapped out a cheerful summer set for this one.  Much better for September I would say!







No comments:

Post a Comment